Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Jerry Springer life

So I'm at work, and an adjunct, who appears to be of Indian descent (that is a relevant observation), comes by the office and asks my supervisor if she can use her master key to let him into his locked classroom. While he waited the couple of minutes for her to finish a phone call, we chatted casually... the weather, the holiday, that sort of thing. Finally she is ready and they head off down the hall, out of site, but not yet out of earshot.

Adjunct: I noticed the other woman's last name was. She doesn't look Indian...?

*darn! Now, they're out of earshot!!*

Couple of minutes later...

Supervisor Linda to me: He asked me about your name.

Me: *snickering* I heard.

Linda: LOL! I wasn't sure how to respond...

Me: Me either! I was really glad he asked you instead of me. *snickering*

Linda: LOL!! Well...

Me: Yeah... just imagine trying to explain, it's *not* my name. It is my wife's ex-husbands name.

Linda: Yeah... tough one that. hahaha

1 comment:

SassyFemme said...

At least you guys have the same last name. I hate that we don't.