Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bath Time

The kids have an opportunity to earn an allowance while they are here. Since they are joining the family, they get all the perks (and responsibilities) that go along with being members of the family. They can earn $1/day by getting everything done on their to-do list each day. The things on this list are meant to inspire good habits and routines. Twice daily teeth brushings are just an example of things that are covered. Another thing is a daily shower, in an assigned time slot. (Yes, I understand how OCD this sounds, but, for this at least, keep in mind that we have now doubled our family size, in a very small house, and an extremely limited hot water tank.)

We were discussing allowance disbursement tonight, and it came up that the girls had not taken showers this morning. I decided to give them an extra chance to have an evening shower, so they could get their $1. Madison took me up on it. Mary reluctantly went for it, but quickly changed her mind. We then had this discussion...

Me: Ok, Mary, you don't have to take a shower tonight, but you realize you won't earn your money if you don't?

MM: Yes. But I am just SOOOO sleepy. I can't do it tonight.

Me: Ok, that's fine.

MM: It would be so much easier if I could just take like, 5 showers in one day, and then just skip the next few days.

Me: *trying not to laugh* Yes, that would be easier, wouldn't it?

MM: Yeah. *wistful*

*silence*

MM: So, um, could I?

Me: *laughs* No. Punk.

MM: Well, what about just for tomorrow? Could I take two showers tomorrow, and still get my allowance tonight?

Me: No, I don't think so. It only counts if you take a shower each day.

MM: Oh, ok. Will you cuddle me?

2 comments:

Trop said...

Will you cuddle me?

SassyFemme said...

Your sister sounds so cute!