Thursday, July 10, 2008

I hate phones.

*phone rings at work*

Me: "Division Office", this is Courtney. How may I help you?

Caller: Hi, is this Dean M.?

Me: Uhhh. No. This is Courtney.

Caller: Oh, you're not Dr. M.?

Me: No. This is Courtney. May I help you?

Caller: Well, can I talk to Dr. M.?

Me: No, she is away on vacation until next week. Is there anything I can assist you with?

Caller: So I can't talk to her?

Me: Nooo, sir. She is out of the office. Would you like to leave a message?

Caller: No, not really. I'd prefer to actually speak with her.

Me: She. isn't. here. today. She will be back next week. You may call back then, or I can take a message to have her call you.

Caller: I don't mind waiting. Can you just put me on hold?

Me: Sure, why not?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L: Is that hold light for me?

Me: Nope. It's for Dr. M.

L: But I heard you tell them she wasn't here.

Me: Yep. But he wanted to wait.

L: Long wait. *snicker*

Me: Yep. *rolls eyes*

L: You just gonna leave it like that?

Me: I haven't decided yet.

L: LOL

5 comments:

SassyFemme said...

LMAO! OMG, with idiots like that it's no wonder you say that you're not a people person!

Valerie said...

HIlarious! How long did the caller sit there and wait?

Syd said...

I hate phones AND idiots.

weese said...

fantastic.

Middle Girl said...

Classic!