Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sleeping Double in a Double a Bed

You may remember from last year that we were shopping for a new bed to correspond with our move. After much discussion, - all in blogland, of course, after all, we wouldn't think of making any major decisions without consulting our bloggy friends - we settled on a double bed. Seeing it in our room now, it is obvious we made the right decision - there is NO way anything larger would have fit. We are really, REALLY enjoying it. It is so comfy, and very snuggly. It makes being cuddly so easy, because we're always right next to each other. It has been a great bed.

Fast forward to last night. We're staying at a very swank inn, compliments of the consultants. We've stayed here before actually, and really enjoy it. But the bed. is. SO. freakin'. HUGE.! A very plush, very soft cloud, very BIG, california king. I hated it. Isn't that an awful thing to say? It is a very nice bed. Beautiful. Soft. Like falling into a cloud. But I kept losing my wife last night. We both slept right in the middle - you could have put another person on each side of us - but it just wasn't the same. There was too much space.

I've very much enjoyed this little day-and-a-half chance to slip away from real life for a bit. But I will be SO happy to be sleeping in OUR bed tonight.

(Besides, it is much harder to use the whole mat, when the mat is so big.)

6 comments:

SassyFemme said...

You moved! You moving announcement in the other blog just showed up in my reader today. Odd.

I seriously don't know how you guys do it in a double bed. We have a king and we LOVE it. Of course part of the reason might be that I'm a kicker and a thrasher (dbn) in my sleep.

Court said...

Huh. That is weird. Well, just another thing to find difficult about LJ. lol.

You know, we *loved* our king when we had one. But I really cannot imagine going back to one know. It probably does help that neither of us do much tossing and turning. We're both big cuddlers though (me especially), so I love that we have to be practically superglued to one another to fit comfortably.

SassyFemme said...

We cuddle when we first start to fall asleep, unless it's too hot, but then one of us wakes up and pushes the other one off.

Maria said...

Bing and I have a double bed and I am just the opposite. It is so frackin' small! I feel as if she is always laying on one of my body parts...

And sometimes Liv will come in and want to get in with us and there is just no room...and when she comes in, the dog comes in....

Court said...

Summers are hardest for us... the heat does make it harder to feel snuggly sometimes.

Maria, I imagine adding a kid and a pup into the mix would definitely make it a bit tighter! lol

Anonymous said...

You write very well.