Friday, June 13, 2008

Rescuing Courtney

So we're laying in bed, and are just about to turn the lights out for the evening, when:

Court: EEEEEEEEEK! *total girly-squeal* (While trying to scramble frantically under the covers.)

Kim: What!?? What's wrong??

Court: A fluttery, flying... thing! Ick! Ewww! Get rid of it! Eeeeeek! Please deal with it!!

Kim: Ok, ok. It's fine. I'll handle it.

Court: Thanks baby. Oh, ewWWW! There it is!


Kim: I see it... there! Got it.

Court: *whew* Good! Get rid of it!! Please!!


Kim: *whack!* *whack!* *whack!* There! It's gone. You can relax. *insert super-hero voice* I took care of it.

Court: Honey! Did you KILL it?? *insert completely horrified voice*


Kim: Well... yeah. You *wanted* me to get rid of it.

Court: I didn't want you to KILL it though. :( Poor lil' thing.


Kim: Man, I just can't win.

Court: Well, thanks for rescuing me. But next time don't kill it, ok? Unless it is really icky, or something.


Kim: LOL! Sure dear, I'll remember that for next time. Only kill the really icky ones. And you screeching EEEEEEEEEEEK! at the top of our lungs is not indicative of ickiness, right?

Court: Exactly!

7 comments:

Syd said...

You can't have it both ways, dear.

KILL it, Trop. Every time.

SassyFemme said...

Hahaha! In our house Fran's the one with the girly screams and I'm the one killing it. She wants it dead, though.

Court said...

HAHA... Guess y'all aren't too sympathetic to crawly critters either.

Maria said...

Bing refuses to kill insects. She catches them carefully and then releases them outside. She does this even in the dead of winter when I tell her that she is merely torturing them by allowing them a terrible icy death.

She honestly believes that maybe they will find a little bush to hibernate in or something...

Court said...

Aww... that is really sweet! I bet they do find a god place to bunk down.

Skeeter said...

Don't ya just hate it when a creepy crawly bolts into the house whenever you open the door to fetch the morning paper? Since I don't go camping in their environment, I think it's only sportsmanlike of them not to go camping in my space. So back out they go!

Great blog with fun postings. Best wishes,

Skeeter

Court said...

Thanks Skeeter!

We actually adore camping - but I freak about flying things in the tent too.

Kim caught a bug the other night and let it go. I was so happy! lol