Friday, August 15, 2008

I hate phones. # 3,279

*phone rings*
Me: East Jesus Community College, Division from Hell, this is Courtney. How may I help you?

Dumb-ass Student: *garble, garble, crackle, garble*?

Me: *fucking cell phones* I'm sorry. Could you repeat your question?

DaS: I'm trying to order my books for class online, and the link-thingie to get to the bookstore isn't working.

Me: Ok, hold on just a moment. *tries link and it works perfectly and quickly* Ma'am? The link seems to be functioning properly. Can you tell me what page you are getting a link from?

DaS: It is a direct link that I have saved in my favorites thingie.

Me: Hmmm. Well, ok, let's try going through a different way, just in case your link is expired or something. We can get there through the current students page on the main website. So, first go the EJCC home page. Do you have that web address?

DaS: Well, I can't do that right now, b/c I don't have internet access.

Me: *crickets* ... *stunned silent*

DaS: Uh, hello?

Me: Um. Sorry. You, um, don't have internet access right now?

DaS: Yeah, our phones and internet and everything are down.

Me: So, uhm, do you think that might be the problem with the link to the bookstore?

DaS: I wouldn't think so. I mean, I have it saved in my favorites and everything. Do you need internet to go to a page you have saved?

Me: Uh. Yeah, I think so.

DaS: Well, that stinks! Shouldn't the online bookstore be accesible to everyone, whether they have internet or not?!
~
Me: *crickets*
~
Me:
Would you like me to transfer you to the bookstore, so you can talk to them?

3 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Oh man, it's scary that person is taking college classes!

Syd said...

My chin is on my desk. My sister isn't even THAT stupid.

weese said...

wow. really. wow.