Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ummm, ok...

Background: I've put together "how-to" guides for the stupid fucks instructors who can't seem to figure out the more basic tasks that come with their jobs. I recently mailed out this semesters newsletter and mentioned, as I do every semester, that I have these how-to guides available for anyone who would like them.

Here is the email conversation I have had today with one such stupid fuck instructor.

Courtney,

I received the newsletter in the mail today. (Yada yada about what she found most helpful, in an attempt to win a gas card - bribery!) I would appreciate having all of the how-to guides sent to me. You can mail them if you want (yada yada home address), but I would prefer you email them to me, if you have an electronic version, because I don't want to wait for them to come in the mail. (Emphasis mine - it's important.)

Signed,
Annoying
Instructor

Dear Annoying Instructor,

I have attached the "how-to" guides you requested. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Thanks,
Courtney

COURTNEY,

I HAVE YOUR EMAIL BUT I AM NOT GOING TO OPEN THE ATTACHMENTS BECAUSE I AM ON DIAL UP AND MY COMPUTER SAYS IT WILL TAKE OVER 2 HOURS TO DOWNLOAD THEM!!! DO YOU SEE HOW UNACCEPTABLE THIS IS?!? YOU REALLY NEED TO REALIZE THAT NOT ALL OF AMERICA HAS FAST INTERNET AT HOME YET!! I SAID THAT YOU COULD MAIL THEM TO ME. YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO EMAIL THEM. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. IT IS KIND OF POINTLESS TO HAVE HOW-TO GUIDES IF NO ONE CAN GET ACCESS TO THEM. I AM VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS MESS.

Signed,
Annoying Instructor


Hello! Rude, much? Can we say overreaction?? Sheesh. Is it any wonder I really hate my job some days. FTR, the newsletter did mention that these were full color, multi-page guides. AND this particular instructor has always emailed me from her full-time job before, where she does have high-speed internet. But all that aside, do we still need to be so rude? Good grief. That was this morning... I haven't responded yet. I don't think I can be polite. *eye roll*

6 comments:

Syd said...

What a fucking BITCH! And stupid, on top of that!

Syd said...

I'm really stewing over this.

Tell her to come pick up a copy of the guides at school. And don't collate the pages, either.

How does an anal swab like that teach a class?

Trop said...

This is one of a small minority that really sours it for the rest of us. They think they are entitled to everything, and that everybody ought to read their minds and bend to their will. It's why I avoided the tenure track and opted instead for administration. Administrators have their asshats too, but they aren't quite as extreme.

SassyFemme said...

I don't think I'd be nice. I think my condescending voice would win out over the "kill 'em with kindness" route I usually try to take. She's just a first class bitch.

Can't you just tell her she's welcome to print them out at school, and you sent them email as she PREFERED, and you had no way to know whether she was on dial up? Of course I'd probably throw in a line that I didn't realize people outside of Third World countries still used dial up. (Syd, I'd apologize, but you ARE in MS afterall. -smirk)

weese said...

hmm, this is starting to sound like a trend.

Tasha said...

I'm really late reading this--but I was thinking: So she would (apparently) rather wait 3-5 days for them to come in the mail, instead of 2 hours?? Oh, the irony!