Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Pillow Talk

I was pretty close to dozing off in bed the other night, when:

K: So, honey?

C: Mmmm-hmmm?

K: I was wondering something, and I thought I'd just ask, since you've had more girlfriends than I have.

C: *suddenly wide awake* You know, dear, no conversation that starts out like that ever goes well. Ever. It's like a rule or something.

K: Well, I was just curious about something.

C: Yes? warily...

K: Do you think it is unusual that I like ...? Or do lots of people like to ...?

C: Hmmmm. seriously considering the question

C: Well, I...

K: interrupting Cause I was just wondering if, in your experience, others like it too, or if it was just part of what makes me such an exceptional lover?

C: Uh, well, thanks for clarifying how I was supposed to answer! Obviously, it is uniquely *you*, because you are such an exceptional lover, and no one else in the whole world would ever even think about doing that. *whew, glad she interrupted before I finished stepping into that minefield!*

K: Yeah, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure.

No comments: